Thursday, March 29, 2012

365!

I am going to do this. A photo a day for a year. It's time...I realize now, as a parent, how quickly time passes. Charlotte is already 7 months and some change. How in the world did that happen!?

I've watched my friends do this. What a great time capsule, and so much fun. I love to see a glimpse into their daily lives, watch their kids grow, see relationships build and see what is happening in their world. Photos are wonderful because they capture that MOMENT. That fleeting moment that will never be again. It's impossible for the human mind to remember every moment on its own.

I look forward to this project. I don't see it as a challenge. I see it as a way to capture this moment in my life. It will never be this way again. I'm not a great photographer; I'm not doing this to become one. I'm doing this because I want to have these memories.

And this quote sums it up well, I think:

"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything."
--Aaron Siskind



No comments:

Post a Comment